CATCO is seeking Equity and non-Equity actors for their upcoming production of the musical Working. We strongly encourage performers of all ethnicities, sizes, genders, and abilities to submit. Actors will be paid.
All parts of this production from auditions to rehearsals to recording will be conducted virtually. Performances will be pre-recorded and streamed. Rehearsals will be held in the evenings and weekends, a maximum of 22 hours total per week.
Working: A Musical
From the book by Studs Terkel
Adapted by Stephen Schwartz and Nina Faso
With additional contributions by Gordon Greenberg
Songs by Craig Carnelia, Micki Grant, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Mary Rodgers and Susan Birkenhead, Stephen Schwartz, and James Taylor.
Directed by Daniella Wheelock
Music Direction by Jeremy Ramey
Rehearsals and Filming: March 23 – April 25
Each track plays a number of characters. While the track names align to the gender binary, we are interested in seeing actors of all or no genders.
- Man 1 (he/him) – any race, 20-40: Plays an interstate trucker, a UPS delivery man, a student, and a fireman along with various other ensemble roles. Man 1 takes pride in the work that they do and looks for the positive.
- Man 2 (he/him) – Latino, 20-40: Plays a tech support worker, a community organizer, an ex-newsroom assistant, a stone mason, an elder care worker, and a fast food worker along with various other ensemble roles. Man 2 is a dreamer, constantly yearning.
- Man 3 (he/him) – White, over 50: Plays an ironworker, a hedge fund manager, a retiree, and a publicist along with various other ensemble roles. Man 3 is a person who needs to be defined by their job; their job is their life.
- Woman 1 (she/her) – Filipina, 20-40: Plays a millworker, a flight attendant, a nanny, and a receptionist along with various other ensemble roles. Woman 1 is constantly searching for something more.
- Woman 2 (she/her) – Black, 20-40: Plays a project manager, a prostitute, a housewife, and a cleaning lady along with various other ensemble roles. Woman 2 takes pride in the work that they do and in forging new paths ahead.
- Woman 3 (she/her) – white, over 50: Plays a school teacher, a waitress, and a fundraiser along with various other ensemble roles. Woman 3 likes to be defined by their job and an adherence to the way that things have always been done.
Please submit a headshot, resume, and video of you singing approx. 32-bars of a musical theatre or pop song. Please slate to introduce yourself and the song you are singing.
NON-AEA ACTORS: Please submit your interest HERE by March 6.
AEA ACTORS: Please see the submission guidelines on the Equity website. Email your materials to email@example.com by March 6. Please use subject line: AEA Submission: Working
Invited callbacks for Working will take place virtually on the evenings of March 9 & March 10.
CATCO is accepting both union and non-union actor submissions for our upcoming 2020/2021 season. We are actively seeking actors of all genders, ages, ethnicities, and abilities. Local Central Ohio submissions only at this time, please.
While our 2020/2021 season has not yet been announced, we are seeking actors for both upcoming virtual and eventual in-person performances.
Material: Actors should submit a video of no more than three minutes, preferably either two contrasting contemporary monologues OR one contemporary monologue, as well as a selection from a musical theatre song. If you do not currently have recording capabilities, three-minute or less video of you performing from within the last three to five years will also be accepted.
Submission Details: To submit, please email your headshot and resume in a single PDF, and your video, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: CATCO GENERALS. The file name of this document must follow this format: LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_HSR.pdf. Make sure your resume includes an email address and a phone number. Please also let us know if you are available and interested in virtual performances over the coming weeks and months.